Redx Pharma is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of novel, small molecule, highly targeted medicines for the treatment of cancer and fibrotic diseases. The Company has a strong track record of discovering new drug candidates through its core strengths in medicinal chemistry and translational science. Redx’s lead oncology product candidate, the Porcupine inhibitor RXC004, being developed as a targeted treatment for Wnt-dependent cancers, is currently undertaking a Phase 2 programme as both a monotherapy and in combination with anti-PD-1. The Company’s lead fibrosis product candidate, the selective ROCK2 inhibitor RXC007, is in development for interstitial lung disease and commenced a Phase 2a trial for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in October 2022. Redx’s third drug candidate, RXC008, a GI-targeted ROCK inhibitor for the treatment of fibrostenotic Crohn’s disease, is currently in pre- IND stage.
The Company’s accomplishments are evidenced not only by its two wholly-owned Phase 2 clinical- stage product candidates and rapidly expanding pipeline, but also by its strategic transactions, which include significant partnering deals with both AstraZeneca and Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
As a laboratory-based scientist you will be trained to provide support to Redx projects by performing in vitro and in vivo assays that are required to understand the ADME properties of potential drug candidates. This will include assessment of physicochemical properties of compounds as well as DMPK profiling of compounds.
- Entry level laboratory-based position contributing to the discovery and delivery of novel pharmaceuticals by carrying out research to agreed objectives
- Undertake the synthesis of compounds to required quality standards, including acquiring and interpretation of analytical data (LCMS, NMR etc)
- Apply knowledge and experience to the interpretation of reactions and analytical data, identify and understand problems encountered
- Clear and accurate recording of experiments in laboratory notebooks
- Propose modifications to the synthetic route or techniques to solve experimental problems
- Develop discipline and drug discovery knowledge through journal and patent literature and via relevant training
- Comply with Redx Health and Safety Policy, relevant safety procedures and COSHH regulations
- Understand and follow the direction of project milestones, timelines, and resources
- BSc or MSc with a significant Organic Chemistry component (final-year organic synthesis research project and/or industrial placement as a minimum)
- Experience of practical synthetic organic chemistry
- Knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry
In return, Redx will offer you the opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team at an exciting drug discovery company where you will get exposure to a broad range of activities, drive novel pharmaceuticals towards the clinic, and develop your drug discovery skills.
The closing date for applications is 16th December 2022.