Redx Pharma is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of novel, small molecule, highly targeted medicines for the treatment of cancer and fibrotic diseases. The Company has a strong track record of discovering new drug candidates through its core strengths in medicinal chemistry and translational science. Redx’s lead oncology product candidate, the Porcupine inhibitor RXC004, being developed as a targeted treatment for Wnt-dependent cancers, is currently undertaking a Phase 2 programme as both a monotherapy and in combination with anti-PD-1. The Company’s lead fibrosis product candidate, the selective ROCK2 inhibitor RXC007, is in development for interstitial lung disease and commenced a Phase 2a trial for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in October 2022. Redx’s third drug candidate, RXC008, a GI-targeted ROCK inhibitor for the treatment of fibrostenotic Crohn’s disease, is currently in pre-IND stage.
The Company’s accomplishments are evidenced not only by its two wholly-owned Phase 2 clinical-stage product candidates and rapidly expanding pipeline, but also by its strategic transactions, which include significant partnering deals with both AstraZeneca and Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Redx is looking for a highly motivated laboratory-based scientist with previous lab experience and interest in learning new techniques. The successful applicant will contribute to the discovery of novel pharmaceuticals by providing scientific and technical input for the delivery of our exciting research programmes.
- Undertaking experiments and interpreting results from a wide range of established in vitro biological assays with increasing independence.
- Establishing novel in vitro biological assays and techniques to meet the requirements of projects, and assisting in troubleshooting assay problems.
- Working with different people and project teams to help deliver the company research goals.
- Contributing to the team’s technical capabilities and helping to accelerate the delivery of project milestones.
- Prioritising and delivering your workload effectively to meet the needs/timelines of the project.
- Applying a high attention to detail and maintaining good experimental records in electronic lab notebook.
- Adhering to all company safety procedures.
- Identifying and evaluating new areas of research or potential drug discovery targets to expand the scope of the company’s research portfolio.
- Maintaining awareness of contemporary drug discovery.
The successful candidate will:
- Have demonstrated evidence of excellent in vitro laboratory skills.
- Be able to show innovation and creativity; flexibility and adaptability; resilience and the ability to make appropriate decisions with support from their line manager.
- Preferably have a PhD with up to 3 years of relevant industrial experience, or have an MSc/BSc with at least 2 years of relevant laboratory experience in an industry or similar setting. Research knowledge in the areas of Fibrosis, Immunology and/or Oncology is also an advantage.
- Have practical experience of techniques commonly used in bioscience research, such as biochemical assays, cell culture, flow cytometry, ELISA and RT-PCR.
- Ideally be available to start in March 2023.
What we offer:
In return, Redx will offer you the opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team at an exciting drug discovery company where you will get exposure to a broad range of activities, drive novel pharmaceuticals towards the clinic, and develop your drug discovery skills.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 17th February 2023.