Redx Pharma is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of novel, small molecule, highly targeted medicines for the treatment of cancer and fibrotic diseases. The Company has a strong track record of discovering new drug candidates through its core strengths in medicinal chemistry and translational science. Redx’s lead oncology product candidate, the Porcupine inhibitor RXC004, being developed as a targeted treatment for Wnt-dependent cancers, is currently undertaking a Phase 2 programme as both a monotherapy and in combination with anti-PD-1. The Company’s lead fibrosis product candidate, the selective ROCK2 inhibitor RXC007, is in development for interstitial lung disease and commenced a Phase 2a trial for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in October 2022. Redx’s third drug candidate, RXC008, a GI-targeted ROCK inhibitor for the treatment of fibrostenotic Crohn’s disease, is currently in pre- IND stage.
The Company’s accomplishments are evidenced not only by its two wholly-owned Phase 2 clinical- stage product candidates and rapidly expanding pipeline, but also by its strategic transactions, which include significant partnering deals with both AstraZeneca and Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Laboratory-based synthetic organic chemistry position to contribute to the discovery of novel pharmaceuticals by providing independent scientific & technical input for the delivery of research programmes.
- Maintain high productivity in synthetic chemistry, prioritise own workload effectively and assist in trouble shooting synthetic problems
- Experience of working safely using a broad range of synthetic techniques and reagent types, sound knowledge of and competence in the safe handling of hazardous reagents.
- Demonstrate innovation in synthetic route design and deliver compounds that move the project forward.
- Implement most appropriate technologies to execute complex synthetic research programmes effectively to accelerate delivery of project milestones.
- Use knowledge of project SAR and influence of physicochemical properties to propose new target molecules.
- As required, act as in-house technical expert for software or equipment in use at the company.
- Experienced practical synthetic organic chemist
- BSc or MSc with a minimum of 2 years of synthetic organic chemistry experience or PhD in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry with 0-3 years of synthetic chemistry experience
In return, Redx will offer you the opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team at an exciting drug discovery company where you will get exposure to a broad range of activities, drive novel pharmaceuticals towards the clinic, and develop your drug discovery skills.
The closing date for applications is 16th December 2022.