Redx Pharma is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of novel, small molecule, highly targeted medicines for the treatment of cancer and fibrotic diseases. The Company has a strong track record of discovering new drug candidates through its core strengths in medicinal chemistry and translational science. Redx’s lead oncology product candidate, the Porcupine inhibitor RXC004, being developed as a targeted treatment for Wnt-dependent cancers, is currently undertaking a Phase 2 programme as both a monotherapy and in combination with anti-PD-1. The Company’s lead fibrosis product candidate, the selective ROCK2 inhibitor RXC007, is in development for interstitial lung disease and commenced a Phase 2a trial for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in October 2022. Redx’s third drug candidate, RXC008, a GI-targeted ROCK inhibitor for the treatment of fibrostenotic Crohn’s disease, is currently in pre-IND stage.
The Company’s accomplishments are evidenced not only by its two wholly-owned Phase 2 clinical- stage product candidates and rapidly expanding pipeline, but also by its strategic transactions, which include significant partnering deals with both AstraZeneca and Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Experienced medicinal chemist, taking a leading role in the discovery and delivery of novel pharmaceuticals using high level scientific and technical expertise to influence project direction.
- Use innovative synthetic routes and/or compound designs to deliver compounds which move the project forward
- Demonstrate understanding of complex synthetic chemistry/medicinal chemistry issues within the project. Use this data to influence own work programme & potentially others in the chemistry team.
- Work with project leadership to develop and implement synthetic and/or medicinal chemistry strategy
- Ensure project timelines are minimized by proactive planning
- Represent project chemistry at internal meetings
- Provide technical or project leadership to own Redx research activities and begin to demonstrate influence in other work programmes/areas
- Thorough understanding of the relevant synthetic and/or medicinal chemistry literature and use this knowledge to progress projects
- Identify, propose and implement new areas of technology or research that add value to the organisation
- Educated to BSc, MSc or PhD level with at least 5 years of research experience in a synthetic organic chemistry environment
In return, Redx will offer you the opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team at an exciting drug discovery company where you will get exposure to a broad range of activities, drive novel pharmaceuticals towards the clinic, and develop your drug discovery skills.
The closing date for applications is 16th December 2022.