Redx is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of novel, small molecule, highly targeted medicines for the treatment of cancer and fibrotic disease and the emerging area of cancer-associated fibrosisOur pipeline
Discovering targeted medicines
Our lead oncology asset, RXC004, is in a Phase 2 clinical program for patients with Wnt-ligand dependent tumours. Our lead fibrosis asset, RXC007, a selective ROCK2 inhibitor, is in a Phase 2 clinical program with an initial indication in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
Our core strengths in medicinal chemistry and translational science enable us to discover and develop potentially differentiated, novel compounds against biologically or clinically validated targets. These strengths have been recognised by others, and we have successfully completed a number of partnering deals in recent years including:
- AstraZeneca (Porcupine inhibitor, AZD5055 previously RXC006) – now in Phase 1 clinical studies (out-licensed with milestones)
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals (Pan-RAF inhibitor, JZP815) – now in Phase 1 clinical studies (sold with milestones)
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals, ongoing oncology research collaboration in MAPK pathway
- Loxo Oncology /Eli Lilly (JaypircaTM – BTK inhibitor, pirtobrutinib/LOXO-305 previously RXC005) – FDA approved (sold, no further milestones)
Our notable team of in-house scientists is based at our headquarters at Alderley Park, Cheshire, the UK’s largest single site life science campus* (near to Manchester). The team combines world-class skills in medicinal chemistry and translational science with deep-rooted biotech and large pharma experience, and has successfully generated numerous drug candidates and progressed them through discovery and into the clinic.
Business model & strategy
Exceptional capabilities in medicinal chemistry and translational science are the foundation of Redx. Our ambition is to create world leading medicines that will transform patients’ lives, by delivering better medicines faster.
We are building a leading biotechnology company through the development of novel and differentiated targeted medicines in cancer and fibrotic disease, and the emerging area of cancer associated fibrosis, where we see the opportunity to be best-in-class, or first-in-class.
Key elements of our strategy
- Advance clinical programmes:
- RXC004, a Porcupine inhibitor, through clinical trials in our initial indications and then in studies for the potential treatment of additional Wnt-ligand dependent tumours.
- RXC007, a selective ROCK2 inhibitor, initially in clinical trials in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and then more broadly in Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD) with potential to explore additional fibrotic indications.
- Invest in our Redx discovery engine to expand our pipeline to deliver 3 IND’s by 2025, including advancing RXC008 to clinic.
- Maximise full potential of our product pipeline by either retaining commercial rights or considering attractive development and commercialization partnerships.
- Attract and retain the best people by proving a world-class environment.
Our validated discovery engine fuels our business model and incorporates our in-house experience and extensive network of specialist contractors.
Our distinctive approach consistently enables us to generate, potentially best-in-class or first-in-class drug candidates and is built around three steps:
With the goal of de-risking our programmes, we select biologically or clinically validated targets where we believe there is an opportunity to successfully apply our drug discovery capabilities in diseases of high unmet medical need.
Create molecules with differentiated properties, leveraging our design frameworks and our strength and experience in medicinal chemistry and translational biology to optimise a novel differentiated molecule for the target.
Focus our differentiated, targeted small molecules towards commercially attractive markets in which we believe we can be successful.
At Redx, our ambition is to create world leading medicines that will transform patients’ lives, by delivering better medicines faster.
Our core strengths in medicinal chemistry and translational science enable us to discover and develop potentially differentiated, novel compounds against biologically or clinically validated targets where there is the opportunity to create best-in-class or first-in-class drug candidates for diseases of unmet medical need.
Underpinning our work are our five core company values that underline everything we do.